How our Climate Can Affect a Charleston Mattress
Charleston is a port city in South Carolina known for its pastel antebellum houses, cobblestone streets, the elegant French Quarter and Battery districts. The Battery promenade and Waterfront Park both contain pathways for tourists and residents alike to overlook the spectacular Charleston Harbor. Across the water, Fort Sumter, sits as a reminder of the unrest the Civil War caused in the city. As the oldest and largest city in the U.S., Charleston has a rich history with well-preserved architecture and agriculture and grows yearly as a top tourist destination.
With its eastern location on the Atlantic Ocean, the city of Charleston, South Carolina has an unusual climate. Charleston has mild winters, hot/humid summers and significant rainfall all year long. Hurricanes and tropical storms are major threats to the Charleston coast. This humid subtropical climate is particularly an issue when homes, buildings and furnishings are involved. Between the humidity of the warmer seasons and the dryness caused by indoor heating systems in the winter months, many inside and outdoor home materials degrade quickly.
Mattress disposal may not seem like a huge industry or even be surprising to you that anyone would hire a professional to remove their mattress in Charleston, South Carolina. But when you realize a typical mattresses only lasts between seven to ten years, mattress removal may not seem quite so far fetched. For a Charleston mattress that has been exposed to the extreme weather, humidity and salty air in the Charleston region there is the potential it won’t even last 7 full years. This is why anyone who lives in the Charleston area has the need to buy a new mattress and also wants to responsibly remove their old mattress.
Need help getting rid of your old mattress? BOOK A PICKUP ❯
How many mattresses are disposed of in Charleston each year?
Charleston is made up of six districts including the Peninsula (Downtown), West Ashley, Johns Island, James Island, Daniel Island, and the Cainhoy Peninsula with a population of around 135,000 residents in the Metro area. There are even an estimated 34 people moving into the Charleston area each day. With so many residents in one small area, you can imagine the large amount of mattresses that need to be disposed of each year. This is why anyone who lives in the Charleston area is going to want to find a dependable provider for mattress recycling and disposal in Charleston.
While recycling your mattress in Charleston may not be on the top of your priority list, it becomes an obvious need when the time comes to swap out the old mattress and box spring for a new one. And though you may not think this is a common enough occurrence, you should note that around 40 million mattresses are disposed of every year in the United States.
That equals out to over 50,000 mattresses disposed of per day!
Each mattress takes up around 23 cubic feet of space, and each slowly leaches out a lot of harmful materials. This is the primary reason to explore proper mattress disposal and recycling in Charleston.
How to Handle Mattress Disposal and Recycling in Charleston
If you are in need of mattress disposal and recycling in Charleston, it is in your best interest to find a company that will be honest about the price you pay for mattress removal. Not only do you not want to haggle on the price, but you also want the hauling company to remove, haul and recycle the mattress for you. Why not hire a mattress disposal company in Charleston that does the entire job. Fortunately, Mattress Disposal Plus is a premium supplier of mattress disposal services.
When you visit Mattress Disposal Plus you can either book online or call one of our customer service representatives on the phone for top of the line mattress recycling and removal in Charleston, SC:
- Premium “white glove services” – Our professional, certified haulers arrive at your home and remove the awkward and bulky items from inside or outside. The only thing you need to do is make sure every item you want removed is included in your booking appointment.
- Damage Insurance in the event of a problem – Our nationwide workers are reliable and trustworthy when entering your home to remove difficult and hefty items, but we also insure our services so that you need never worry about any potential damages. A small scuff mark on your door or a ding in the paint or plaster on your wall will be taken care of immediately.
- Two hour appointment bookings – You won’t find yourself waiting around like other home appointment services. Instead, we schedule a two hour-booking time and then give you a quick call 30 minutes before we arrive to make sure you are ready. If there are any issues with not being able to make your specified window of time, we will let you know ahead of time so that we can reschedule for another time at your convenience.
- Full recycling or donation services – No matter what you need removed from your home or apartment building, whether it is the typical old mattress and box spring, a furniture item or an unwanted “bed-in-a-box” we will work with you to find the right solution that fits your specific needs.
- Commercial or residential options – We have multiple drivers in Charleston that can handle a bulk pickup from a hotel, Charleston mattress company or even a dormitory, but we are one of the only companies nationwide that will also remove a single item.
Don’t despair over the hassles of mattress disposal and recycling in Charleston when our service is ready at any time. You don’t have to contribute to environmental problems and you definitely don’t have to pay two or three different people to do one job when you book Charleston mattress services through Mattress Disposal Plus.
That old mattress isn’t going to haul itself BOOK A PICKUP ❯